Lucas County, Iowa 51 Acres m/l (Approx. 18 mi S. of Knoxville and 45 miles from Des Moines)
You say you always wanted to have that home in the country overlooking your own private lake? Well….Your wish has come true!
This is a dream property for sure! Here’s what you get:
- 1248 square foot ranch-style home that sits on a gentle slope with gorgeous sunset views to the west looking over the lake.
- large yard that looks like a huge garden-of-eden with all sorts of flowers and various plantings. Don’t be surprised to wake up in the morning to a large bunch of
- deer or turkey walking through the back yard along the lakeshore!
- The home is a very solid home on a concrete foundation built in 1974. It has 3 full bedrooms and 1 full bathroom and a full basement. Also a beautiful porch area on which to sip your cup of coffee on in the morning!
- The home does have an attached garage and there is also a small detached garage building on the premises.
- The land offers incredible hunting opportunities for a smaller parcel.
- Gorgeous and very rare oak/savanna ecosystem with native prairie all around.
- The tall grasses and thick cover offer outstanding deer sanctuary areas for living in day to day and for security cover.
- The land offers various successional habitats from early to late stage (large oaks) which offers the ultimate in deer attractiveness!
- Edge habitat is very abundant and the early successional habitats offer lots of natural, native browse.
- Lots of tree stand and set-up options, especially for a smaller parcels.
- There are at least 3 major areas that one could establish food plots in.
- Abandoned roadway along east side of property allows easy entrance and exit into various stand setups – going into the wind to get to your stand!
And The Lake – Ah yes, THE LAKE!
- The lake measures right at 6 acres and up to 7 acres (during really wet years). Here is one pond that is totally justifiable to be called a lake! (such a lake can easily cost $70,000-$100,000 or more to construct!)
- The lake has abundant crappie with reports from the previous owner of numerous crappie up to and over 16 inches! Those are huge crappies regardless of where you are fishing in the U.S.! Right in the back yard!
- Bass too—and some giant largemouth possible here!
- In 2015 the owner stocked forage fish – golden shiners and fathead minnows at 10X the normal rate! What this will do is create a huge buffet of food to resident fish and should make them grow super fast and to potentially huge sizes! Big fish and I do mean really big fish could easily come from this lake at any given time – could be a 10 lb largemouth bass or a 3 –4 lb. crappie – how great would that be? Iowa DNR records show that ponds in southern Iowa consistently produce the most and biggest game fish of any bodies of water in the state!
- Bluegill and catfish also present and could easily get to huge sizes here as well.
Here is a fantastic opportunity to purchase a great piece of Iowa hunting land along with a nice home and your own stocked lake – all in post-card setting? What in the world are you waiting for? We don’t expect this one to last very long!
Call me now if you like to make this one your personal piece of paradise! Rich 641-919-9026.