Brand New Listing!
Wapello, county Iowa 50 Acre, m/l, established vineyard for sale! Whitetails and turkey runnith’ over here too!
(Double click image above for large view of farm and surrounding area!!!)
Look at the price and look at the opportunity here and I think you will be amazed!
HOLD ON TIGHT! Pictures SOON TO COME!! STAY TUNED!
Locate this parcel with precision on out map view page!
Get in on the ground floor with this vineyard in this newly exploding industry in Iowa!
“The economic impact of Iowa’s wine industry has exploded in recent years, according to a new study. Frank, Rimerman + Co., a California based consulting firm, reported that the economic impact of Iowa’s wine and wine grapes industry was $420 million in 2012, and increased of around 80 percent from $234 million in 2008″. The report estimated that roughly 358,000 people visited Iowa wineries in 2012, up 51% from about 237,000 winery visitors in 2008“. Wine , grapes, and related industries account for 2,678 jobs in Iowa, according to the study.
I’ve been asked more than once, “is there something I can do for a job there in Iowa once we move”? Here you go! This is an established vineyard that has just come up for sale and it’s within just a couple of miles from Ottumwa, Iowa (one of the top regions in the world for giant whitetails).
This according to Iowa State University Extension Services: (click here for outside link to more on Iowa wineries and vineyard facts)
(Click HERE for outside link to more info from the Iowa Wine Growers Association) Also, check out this outside link for lots of info on Iowa vineyards and wine making.
- Grape yields can run from 3-8 tons per acre, with the average yield typically in the 3-4 tons per acre range.
- One ton of Iowa grapes will produce approximately 150 gallons of wine, or 750 bottle of wine!
- Wineries typically purchase grapes from other growers at approximately $900-$1200 per ton delivered.
- It is common for Iowa wines to win bronze, silver and gold medals in National and International wine competitions.
- Iowa grape vines need very little fertilizer because of the high quality of Iowa soils.
- Iowa wineries are allowed to wholesale self-distribute their wines to other retail outlets for resale. Many state do not allow this.
- Iowa has 99 wineries with approximately 300+ vineyards covering 1,200 acres (as of June, 2012)
- Compare this to the year 2000, when Iowa had only 30 acres of grapes in production!
This vineyard has approximately 2700 vines along with related substructure — posts, support system — and is actively managed and kept up. There is a potential for 9 acres of total vineyard area on the area. There are 5 varieties of grapes currently being grown in the vineyard. (Prairie Star; Frontenac; North Cynthiana; La Crosse; French/American hybrid)
Income on this farm — just from selling the grapes to other wineries — could easily be in the $27,000 per year range (figuring 3 tons per acre yield on 9 acres X $1,000 per acre selling grapes to other wineries === $27,000.
And — and this is a BIG AND! — this place is full of deer and turkey too! The chances for shooting a giant buck on this parcel are truly excellent and I have personally seen many bucks over 180 inches within a few miles of this parcel. Build your dream home here, hunt in your own Iowa paradise and start a new career in Iowa exploding wine making/grape growing industry!
Contact Us for more info or call Rich at 641-919-9026 today!